All staff is obliged to observe in all respects the Company Principles set out and to ensure their implementation at every opportunity. To this end the spirit of the company targets defined in the Company Principles must be internalized through conscious examination, so as to set a convincing example to others.
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Reports to: Operations Process Manager
EEO Category: Official or Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Benchmark Employee: Open
Job Summary: The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for meeting production schedule through efficient manpower resource allocation. The incumbent is involved with the planning, coordinating and control of all processes in the fabrication area necessary to meet the production schedule. This includes production, workforce oversight and development, adherence to regulatory and company health,safety and environmental guidelines. The incumbent is also responsible for leadership development of support supervisors/managers assuring that the 12 company principles guide every decision and keep the workforce focused on company goals.
- Effective Leadership of the department assuring adequately trained production personnel in each position to meet schedules.
- Successfully managing production cost within budget guidelines through adherence to the production schedule.
- Works closely with the Operations Process Manager and Production Control Manager to develop new production processes, identify equipment specifications and facility layout to maximize throughput.
- Accurate and complete documentation supporting the production process.
- Assures customer satisfaction through superior product quality.
- Meets shipping commitments with accurately packed high quality parts.
- Maintains a safe work place demonstrated through below industry averages in numbers of injuries (IR), loss days and restricted time at work (DART), and worker’s compensation cost (EMR).
- Earning the respect of employees through fair treatment, maintaining discipline, demonstrating good work ethic, and balancing the interests of workers with company interests, goals and objectives of the company.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the plant equipment and manpower to support the manufacturing of products and meeting production deadlines.
- Controlling cost within production budget allocation.
- Ensuring that quality productivity, safety and environmental standards are met and that the workforce complies with all operational processes.
- Communicate with other departments (QA, ESH & , HR, PC, Engineering) of any issues, incidents, injuries or near-misses, quality issues, material shortages/overages, machinery downtimes or new requests, capacity shortfalls, deadline shifts, etc. as they develop.
- Working to create positive workforce morale and an atmosphere that encourages pride in work and in achieving company standards and goals.
- Developing a highly motivated and technically qualified lead staff.
- Identifying skills deficiency and developing and implementing targeted training programs.
- Ensuring that the facility conforms to environmental regulations.
- Continue efforts at process improvements targeted to improving flow, efficiency, cost and quality.
- Support the safety team in all efforts to provide a safe working environment free from recognized hazards.
- Reviewing performance of subordinates to develop expectations for direct reports.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and electronically.
- The ability to visualize graphs, drawings and production documentation.
- Sitting for long periods and operating office and operational software.
- Effective leadership of a Manufacturing department.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or a related field or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of managerial experience in a manufacturing or fabrication shop.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing and business practices including welding processes, metal forming and fabrication techniques and equipment.
- Results-oriented with ability to work with and through others to achieve objectives.
- Proven leadership experience with groups of 50+ employees.
- Ability to develop and coach supervisors and floor leads and to delegate responsibility.
- High energy and enthusiasm that motivates others into action.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with LEAN or other manufacturing efficiency concepts.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
Qualified Candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
LISEGA, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental impairment, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.