Fabrication – Torch/Burning
Open position: Fabrication – Torch/Burning
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Supervisor
Posting date: March 20, 2018
Salary range: DOE
This position is primarily responsible for running the torch/burning units creating semi-finished goods, pieces of components for products and components of product.
- Pull job packets from dispatch basket and review cut list.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations for fabricating metal products. Examines metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Determines the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job, sets up and operates fabricating machines, (such as drill presses, saws, metal-cutting machinery, etc.), controls the operations of equipment or systems and adjusts the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions with precision.
- Sets up and operates machine tools associated with fabricating, then sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template. (Operates flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components).
- Measures work piece dimensions, using rule, template, or other measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation. Verifies conformance of metal to specifications, using various measurement tools.
- Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Assists machine operators to set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
- Conducts tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance. Ensure customer service standards are meet.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma and two years of prior experience preferred.
- Excellent reading, math and problem solving skills required. Ability to understand assembly manuals and directions and the use of diagrams and sketches. Ability to read blueprints, drawings and technical plans.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and perform accurate work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to use power or hand tools to cut, shim, and make other modifications. Ability to weld is preferred.
- Good eyesight, with or without glasses, is required for assemblers and fabricators who work with small parts.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly and methodically.
- Needs to be able to manage their time and the time of others that are in their work area.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 50lbs.
To apply, Please email your resume and cover letter or complete an online application outlining your qualifications for the position to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Attn: Victor Basinger/HR Dept.
370 East Dumplin Valley Road
Kodak, TN 37764
LISEGA, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental impairment, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.